Lush Life

To be a lush chef, does not mean to drink in excess - this can result in scary fires and bad dishes. A lush chef is one who enjoys gourmet cooking/baking, often with fresh ingredients and the smart use of one's home bar. If there happens to be half a bottle of beer, a glass of wine, or a sip of brandy left over...well, one cannot be wasteful. I give you permission to imbibe.

About Me

My Photo
The Lush Chef
Twitter: @thelushchef Provenance: Santa Monica Dish: Coq au Vin Spirit: Whiskey Wine: Malbec Beer: Hefeweizen Farmer's Market: Santa Monica on Main Street
View my complete profile

Search

Powered by Blogger.
Apr 8, 2011

Meet The Lush Chef Taste Testers


As much as I trust my palate, I want to make sure that the recipes on this blog are at least tested and approved by someone other than myself.  Enter the Lush Chef Taste Testers, an elite group of hungry people, that also happen to be my best friends.  Because I don't use real names on this blog, the Taste Testers will be heretofore known by their call signs - Malbec, Vanilla Smirnoff, Blue Moon, Bourbon, and sometimes...Tequila stops by...they know who they are...

Malbec, Blue Moon and Bourbon used to be roommates and created a lovely tradition for us LA orphans -  Sunday night "family dinners."  The three now all live separately, but they have maintained the tradition, and I've been so lucky to be included (it helps that I cook for them).  It always includes tons of red wine, and someone always manages to bring a bottle with a red coq on it - I didn't have one in the cabinet, so this canard will do.

So, if you enjoy the recipes on this blog, you can also thank the official Lush Chef Taste Testers.  Without them, I'd just be cooking for myself...and I definitely wouldn't fit in my favorite dress.




0 comments: